If you’re looking to swallow magic mushrooms in order to level up, swing from jungle vines in search of bananas, or search for a magic flute, consider installing GBA4iOS on your iPhone. In other words, if you want to play retro games (in case you are curious, we were referencing Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda) follow this guide on how to download and install GBA4iOS.
Despite the fact that they may have come out ten or twenty years ago, retro games still maintain a particular charm that has extended their popularity through the decades. Unfortunately, you can’t play those classic games from the Super Nintendo, Atari, or Sega consoles on your iPad or iPhone, because Apple doesn’t permit emulator apps to be sold through the App Store.
So if you’re looking to turn into a hedgehog or a pink spherical hero, you might have to “hit the streets.” Granted, you won’t have to meet any shady people in a dark location in order to get your classic gaming fix, however. Instead, you can utilize a workaround to get around the boundaries, right from the comfort of your own home and install those games on your iOS device by GBA4iOS.
Before proceeding, it would only be right to issue a disclaimer:
- GBA4iOS is specifically an emulator of Gameboy Advance
- GBA4iOS lets you play Gameboy Advance games right on your Apple phone.
- We did not find anything incorrect in its functionality; however, installing this emulator must be done at your own responsibility.
- The concept of an “Emulator” is that it allows you to play very old video games, like those that you might have played in the past on consoles like Atari, Super Nintendo or Sega. These games, as offered through the emulator, are called ROMs and are merely software copies of the game CDs or cartridges that you would insert into the gaming console, sort of like the Nintendo cartridges or the CDs you put into your PlayStation.
- Be warned and understand: It is not legal to download ROMs; they are covered by copyright laws. Therefore, not at all, can we say that we support you to get ROMs.
Follow the easy guidelines below so you can install GBA4iOS on the systems below: iOS 10 and iOS 11.
- Launch Safari browser on iOS device.
- And have a look at iemulators.com.
- Tap on the “Apps” tab.
- Scroll down through the options and select GBA4iOS 2.1.
- Tap on “Download Page” option.
- Scroll down again until you find the GBA4iOS icon.
- You will note that there are two versions: Date Trick and Signed.
- Select the “Signed” version.
- You will see a popup again. Press the “Install” button.
- Click on the “Install GBA4iOS” button.
- GBA4iOS app will start installing.
- Now sit back, relax, and let the emulator be installed.
- When the process is finished, GBA4iOS app will appear on your phone. Now that the emulator is installed, you will still have to select the option to allow your device to accept the third-party vendor in order to play GBA4iOS on your device.
- Open Settings.
- Click on General.
- Select Profiles & Device Management.
- Under, “Enterprise App” select “Wuxi Suntech Power Co. Ltd.”
- Select the option to “Trust NARI Group Corporation.” You will see a popup on the screen, informing you that trusting will let any app from this developer to be used on your device and may permit access to your information.
- Tap on Trust to confirm.
That’s it! You have installed GBA4iOS successfully on your device.
Now that the emulator has been successfully installed onto your apple product, you are able to download the ROMS for your desired games. If need be, you are also able to leverage the search engine power of Google to discover games you like.
Ways to Download ROMs for: Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem and Pokemon
If you like any of the games listed above, takes these steps specifically to download them onto your apple product, so you can catch them all. As an example, I’m going to download the ROM of Pokemon, but you can substitute this process for your favorite game; the process is nearly identical.
- Launch the GBA4iOS app that you have installed on iOS device.
- Then, click on the search button, which you can see at the top right side.
- Choose a specific game series to get the corresponding ROMs. Presently, there are only 11 options available; however, the developer says that the facilitation of more ROMs are underway.
- If you like to get other ROMs, look for them on Google.
- Choose your preferred version of the game (in this case, Pokemon)
- Click on Download button.
- Click on Save in the popup.
When you are done with downloading the ROM of your desired game, you are now ready to launch it
How to Remove GBA4iOS
If you need to remove GBA4iOS app for whatever reason, take the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Select Profiles & Device Management
- Select NARI Group Corporation
- Select the option to Delete App.
I found GBA4iOS to work reliably well, so it should provide you with an enjoyable library of classic retro games to play, with the option of searching for other ones that you particularly enjoy.