To a person who has to go to work in the morning or has an early appointment, the snooze button is both a blessing. With just one push of this button, you get to sleep a few more minutes. The snooze button is what you hit when your alarm goes off, but you are not yet ready to get up. It allows you to sleep a few extra minutes before making the alarm go off again.
Snooze on your iPhone or iPad with the iOS 12
If you own an iPhone or an iPad and regularly use it as your alarm, you will know that the default snooze interval is nine (9) minutes. Many people don’t change this because they don’t know how. Another reason why is that the feature doesn’t really offer a way to customize the length of the snooze interval. However, there are many ways to get around that limitation. This guide will tell you how to “adjust” your device’s snooze time.
Disable the Snooze on Your Current Alarm
While you can’t change the length of the interval in between alarms, you can set different alarms scheduled to go off at your desired interval. For example, if you normally set your alarm for 6:30 in the morning, you can set another alarm at 6:35 if you want a five-minute snooze. If you plan on doing this, it is best to turn off the snooze option on your device. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Clock app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Look for the Alarm tab. From the upper left corner of your device’s screen, click on Edit.
- Choose the particular alarm that you want to disable the snooze for.
- Click on the disable snooze option.
Set Multiple Alarms to Serve as Snooze Alarms
Now that you have disabled the snooze, you can work on setting multiple alarms depending on how many snooze options you want. For most, one additional alarm is enough. To add the second alarm, follow this:
- On the upper right corner of the device’s screen, you will see a “+” symbol. Click on that.
- Set the second alarm’s time. Remember, if you want a snooze interval of ten minutes, set the second alarm to go off ten minutes after the initial alarm.
- Make sure that you disable the snooze option from this alarm as well.
- Save this new setting.
Use A Third-Party App to Add Snooze Options
There are various alarm applications that you can download and install on your Apple gadget in order for you to use the snooze alarm. Two options are Wave Alarm and Wake Alarm. For both, you have the option to adjust the snooze intervals.
While snoozing is not good for your sleep, some people need this in order to slowly ease into the day. Your iPhone or iPad may not have the capability to let you adjust the time between two alarms but there are ways by which you can address this limitation.