You might be watching your favorite show on your Apple TV when it suddenly stopped. You see an error message that says “An error occurred in loading this content. Please try again later.”
Not only will you see this problem on your favorite Netflix show. It can happen while you watch any sites with video content including iTune videos, YouTube or Hulu.
Steps to Troubleshoot Content Loading Error Message
This can happen because of a weak internet connection that prevents your Apple TV from connecting with other video providers. You can try the following steps in order to resolve this.
1. Test your internet connection
You can do this be going into the menu on your Apple TV. Go to the following:
Settings > General > Network > Test Network > Select the Okay Button > Click Yes
The test will start after you click the Yes button.
2. Turn off and Turn on your Apple TV
You can do this by going into the following:
Settings > Restart > Restart
If you are unable to go to the settings menu, simply unplug and plug your Apple TV from the electrical source.
3. If you are still having problems, check if there’s a new software Update on your Apple TV. You can update your TV operating system by going into Settings > System > Software Updates. Click the Select Update Software and make sure that you are connected to the internet. This can take up to a few minutes depending on your internet connection. After the update, your Apple TV will automatically restart. Try to watch your favorite shows again after this.
4. Sometimes, the problem is on your Wi-Fi router. You can unplug it from its power source, wait for a few minutes and plug it again.
5. Make sure that your Wi-Fi has the latest software update. With regards, to this, you can call your internet provider and ask. You can also refer to your Wi-Fi manuals for additional info on how to update your device.
6. You might experience problems with your Youtube App. This can happen if you are watching a video on Youtube and the app suddenly turns in an error message that it is no longer working. If this is the case, simply follow these steps:
• Go to your Youtube Application
• Select the Settings Menu on the upper right corner
• Select Clear Cookies
You can also do this on your browser. Simply click the clear cookies option.
7. Try to disconnect the cables that are connected to your Apple TV. Wait for a few minutes. Plug the HDMI cables while the power is turned off. Restart your Apple TV by re-plugging the power cables. Try to watch your favorite shows again.
The above steps should be able to activate your Apple TV in no time. If everything is still not working, you can call Apple support. You can also request a technician to your house if needed.