You might be browsing on your iPhone or iPad and want to download new apps. Suddenly, you see a message that says you can’t connect to the App Store. This can be very frustrating especially if you see the same message over and over again.
Keep in mind that you might be encountering this issue because your device is not connected to the internet.
Keep reading because the article will be able to explain the things that you could do when your iPad or iPhone can’t access your App Store. The App Store is a very application on your device because it updates your iOS. The store can also install new games and very helpful applications that you can use for work or to your daily life.
Can’t Access App Store
Check for Internet Connection
The first step is making sure that you are connected to the internet. You can check your connection by opening a browser on your iPhone or iPad. You can go to Safari or Google Chrome if you have one, and try to load a page. If this doesn’t work, you can do the following steps.
- You can go to your Settings, and locate the “Airplane Mode” menu. Turn this on by swiping the button to the right until it shows green. Wait for a few seconds then turn off “Airplane Mode”. Now, try to go to your App Store.
- You can also try to do a restart. Go to Settings, and then choose “General”. Scroll down to the very bottom and choose “Shut Down.”
- It’s possible that your Wi-Fi is the problem. You can unplug the router from its electrical socket and plug it again.
- This can be a problem with your modem. Unplug the modem and plug it back again.
- Another option is to refresh your Network Settings. You can simply go to Settings, choose General. Scroll down to the very bottom, and choose Reset. Then choose Reset Network Settings to see if your data will connect.
Get the Latest iOS Update
Download the latest iOS for your device if you haven’t done so. In order to make sure that you are up-to-date, go to your device’s Settings, choose General, and then choose the second option which is Software Update. Click the Download and Install Button if you are not up-to-date. After doing the update turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, and turn it back on again.
Log Out and Log Back Into your Apple ID
Sign Out and Sign in from your Apple ID. You can do this by going into Settings. Next, chose iTunes and App Store. Tap your Apple ID at the top, and click Sign Out. Sign back in again by going to your phone’s Settings, and choose iTunes and App Store.
Set the Time and Date Correctly
To do this, you can go to your phone’s settings. Tap the “General” Button. Tap on the “Date and Time” button. Check if you are on the correct time zone. Set this as automatic if possible.
If you are still having problems accessing your App Store, you can try to do this step:
Go to Settings. Tap on General then choose “Date and Time”. Turn off the automatic date and time setting if you are on automatic. Set the time manually for one to two years in the future. If the error message is still popping out, you can set the Date and Time again to automatic.
If you are using a Virtual Private Network to access different websites on your phone browser, turn it off for the meantime.
Force Restart your device if everything mentioned above is not working. If all else fails, contact Apple Support. You have a lot of things that you can do in order to make your App store work.
Try to research the problem before waiting for a customer service from Apple. Going into the Apple Store and wasting your gas might not be worth it if you are able to solve your iPhone problem at home. Ask your friends and families first to see if they can provide a better solution.