If you have downloaded and paid for applications, music, books, shows, podcasts, and a lot more, you will receive a notification from Apple. You will see the charges when your card statement arrives. On the other hand, you might not recognize a charge from Apple on your bank statement. This can be because you never purchased any apps or music in the first place.
It can be shocking when you think that other people are using your card to purchase something on the App Store. You might recognize the charge by seeing the words: MCD PUR APL ITUNES.COM, ITUNES.COM/BILL, or MCD HOLD APL ITUNES.COM/BILL/.If you don’t remember making any recent purchases, the good news is that you can ask for a refund.
How to Get Refunded Back from an App Store Purchase
The first thing to do is to make sure that the notification that you have received came from Apple iTunes. This is very important as there are many scammers in the market today who wants to trick customers.
Report to Apple
If you suspect that you have received a phishing email, report it to Apple immediately. You can send an email to email@example.com.
A phishing email will require you to enter your card details, social security numbers, or other personal information about you and your family. Apple will never ask you to enter anything on email.
Check your Phone’s Purchase History
This is quite a simple step. If you find out that you don’t have any purchase history, then the notification that you have received can be fake. Simply delete the email and do not do anything. To view your phone’s purchase history, follow these steps:
1. Go to your browser and launch it. You can use Safari or Chrome on your iPad, iPhone or Mac for this.
2. Visit the following website: https://reportaproblem.apple.com.
3. Log in using your Apple ID and its password.
4. After logging in, you will be able to see your past history of purchases such as Books, Apps, Music, TV Shows, and other Subscriptions.
Cancel an iTunes Purchase
You might be able to see something that you don’t remember getting. You can cancel this by doing the following steps:
1. Go to the unauthorized purchased App, Music, Books, or Subscription.
2. Tap on the “Report a Problem”,
3. After clicking the button, you will see a drop-down menu. You just simply have to tap on the “I did not authorize this purchase” option. You will be receiving a message that says Apple takes your account security seriously. You will be aided by one of the iTunes Support Store representatives. You can reach them through chat or via a scheduled call.
4. After clicking the iTunes Store Support, you will see a new website. This is where you can contact a representative through Schedule a Call or Email option.
5. An Apple representative will get I touch with you to help resolve the problem.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
• You can always change the password of your Apple ID if you believe that someone has access to your account.
• You might see a single charge with a large amount on your bank statement. Note that Apple might not break down the charges on each and every one of the purchases.
• Monitor your purchase history by going to your device’s Settings. Go to iTunes and App Store, choose your Apple ID, enter the password when prompted, and go to your Purchase History. This will show a summary of all the apps that you got for a period of 90 days.
Your Apple ID and your credit card should be protected at all times. If one of the members of the family made an unauthorized purchase, you can talk to them about it. Never give your Apple ID password to anyone else that you don’t trust.
No one likes to be caught unawares and finding themselves footing a big credit card bill just because somebody has misused their private information. You can contact an Apple representative, or contact your bank if the charges still continue for the next month. Most importantly, never give your private information to scammers and phishing emails on the internet.