Has this ever happened to you? You are out in public, and you really want to surf the web on your iPad or iPhone, but your 4G connection just isn’t quite good enough? Well luckily, most places provide free Wi-Fi now-a-days.
However, despite how cool it is that you have a free network to use, the connection is typically unreliable, plus there is always a risk in privacy. And let’s not forget to mention an overloaded network can be really tricky to use.
Of course, staying connected is incredibly important, in this day and age, for everyone! So, let me show you a quick and easy way to turn that iPad of yours into a mobile hotspot, so that you can stay connected! This tutorial will be only if you have a Wi-Fi only iPad, but the process is the same for other models as well, so worry not! Staying connected has never been easier!
How to Connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- To do this, open the “Settings” app, and then select “Wi-Fi,”
- OR launch the Control Center by swiping the bottom of your screen. There, you can toggle the Wi-Fi button.
When your Wi-Fi is active, you will receive various options of networks for you to choose from.
- You will be able to connect to a public, private, or home Wi-Fi network. You will also be able to connect to the Wi-Fi from another device (an iPhone, Android, Tablet, etc.)
Reasons to use your iPad as a Hotspot
- Using the data connection on an LTE enabled iPad, you will be able to create a mobile hotspot that provides internet access.
- All devices that run iOS8 will have this feature built into them.
- If you have a shared data plan, it does not matter in the slightest which device you use.
- If you use your iPad as a hotspot, you can save battery life on your phone, which makes it a very useful tool!
How to set up your iPad Hotspot
- Open your “Settings.”
- Turn on your “Cellular Data.”
- If you want to, enable your LTE for a faster download speed.
- When your Cellular Data is enabled, you will see the “Personal Hotspot” option is active.
- Tap on the “Personal Hotspot.”
- Toggle the switch into the “On” position.
- Connect to your new hotspot!
It’s just as easy as that! Your hotspot password will be visible for you to share as much as you like. So long as you maintain your cellular connection, you shouldn’t have any problems accessing the hotspot. You can connect your other electronic devices, so long as they have wireless capabilities, three different ways:
- Connect using the Wi-Fi
- Go to your settings on your computer, or other electronic device, and select “KR_iPad.”
- Enter the password.
- Connect using the Bluetooth
- Pair your iPad with your computer.
- On your iPad, tap “Pair,” or enter the code that will be displayed on your computer.
- From there, you can connect to your iPad from your computer.
- Connect with a USB
- Plug in your iPad into your computer using a USB cord.
- Go to your settings, and select “iPad” from your list of network services.
If you are done using your iPad’s data connection, just toggle that “hotspot” button to the “Off” position. Anyone that is connected to your hotspot will be disconnected. You will also be able to monitor who is using your hotspot, and how many devices are connected at one time.
All you must do is reference the blue line at the top of your iPad screen. You will know just how many devices are connected to your hotspot, but you will not know which devices are sharing the stream.
There you have it! You now know how to turn your iPad into a wonderful hotspot for you and your friends! I told you, it couldn’t be easier! I hope this information helps you in the future! Enjoy surfing the world-wide web on a safe and secure mobile connection!