You might be receiving the following message when you try to reset the security question on your Apple ID: “We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions.”
This can be frustrating and time-consuming for the person who just wants to simply reset his security questions on Apple. The security question can pop up when you are trying to buy something from the Apple store. Until you can answer the security question properly, you can’t do anything much on your iPhone. If you don’t remember the answer to the security question of your Apple ID, then you can follow the steps below:
First Steps in Resetting Security Questions
The first thing to remember before you can reset your security question is to verify your identity. Apple takes security seriously. This is why the security questions are put in your phone in the first place. The extra layer of security can be annoying but it’s just how things go when it comes to Apple.
Steps to Reset Security Questions
1. Got to the Apple ID recovery website. You can see that here.
2. Enter your email or your Apple ID then click Continue.
3. Verify your identity by answering some of the questions.
4. After you are finished, select the button that says, “I need to reset my security questions.”
5. You might not be able to put in the right answers to the security questions. In this case, Apple will send you a message that says “Cannot reset security questions. “And it will be followed by the error “We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions”. If this is the case, go to the next step.
Steps After Failing the Authentication Questions
1. You can go ahead and click Apple’s Support Page if all else fails. Apple’s Security team can guide you on ways on how you can reset your iPhone.
2. Click the Forgot Security Questions button and you will be presented with a variety of options. The options will vary by region.
3. This is a live support that is offered by Apple. The team will ask you several security questions to help authenticate your account. There’s a chance that they might not be able to help you access your account when you fail their authentication questions.
4. You can opt for a new Apple ID instead. Note that taking a new Apple ID will make you lose all your past purchases from the Apple store.
If you are having difficulties remembering security questions, you can choose to activate the two-step verification instead. You can also try to change your security question if it is too difficult to remember.
How to Change Security Question
1. Go to the Apple ID login page. You can find the link here.
2. Go to the Tab where it says Security
3. Click the Word Edit
4. Select the Change Questions Button
5. Change your Question and Select an Answer.
Your Apple ID and your security questions are very important things that you need to remember. When you are first setting up your iPhone, you can write down your details in a piece of paper. If you got a second-hand iPhone, you need to be very careful when checking the Apple ID and the data that were previously logged in to the phone.
You need to make sure that there will no issues in the future when you call customer service. Apple ID can also access your backup files on iCloud. Always remember what your Apple ID is so that you won’t have any problems in the future.