There are instances where people will send a message as text. However, the texts appear as iMessages that came from the email address of the person instead of the phone number.
The message may display the person’s Apple account. The Apple account shows up because of the email address registered on the iMessage or on the iCloud account.
Here are the steps that you can do in order to fix this problem.
Fix for Texts Showing Email Address instead of Phone Number
- You can go to your phone’s settings. Next, go to Messages. Scroll down and look for the “Receive at”/ You can Sign out from your Apple account for the meantime. Turn off your iMessage. Wait for a few minutes and turn it back on again.
After signing out from your Apple account, you can go to the “Receive at” section. You should see that there’s a new message that shows you the option if you want to use your Apple ID for incoming or outgoing messages.
- Go to the iMessage section through your phone’s Settings. You can do this by tapping on the “Settings”, then go to “iMessage”, then tap on “Send and Receive”.
You should be able to see your phone number. Check if it is grayed out. You should see one or more email address below your number. If you can see another number which contains a checkmark on it, simply tap on the number. The checkmark will be removed and free from the existing email address on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings. Tap on Messages and select the “Receive at” option.
Tap the caller ID and select your phone number.
- Turn off iMessage. Wait for a few seconds then enable it again.
- Go to your Mac computer. Select Messages, then go to Preferences. Click on Accounts, then select iMessage. Untick all the boxes on the list where you can see all your email addresses. You just have to make sure to leave your phone number as it is.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings. Go to your phone’s iMessage section, then tap on the Send and Receive section. Simply click on the option which shows the New Conversation From. Tap the phone number instead of showing the email.
- Access your Apple account. Make sure that your phone number is verified. Connect to the internet and list your number on your Apple ID if it’s not yet registered.
- Open your Mac computer. Select the Message application and Login. You can try to send a message on your Mac computer to someone from your contacts as an iMessage.