Many users want to reset their AirPort Express and restore it to their original settings. Some want to get the factory settings because they want to sell their AirPort. If you are one of the users who want to reset this device, then this article is for you.
How to Reset AirPort Express
- Make sure to remove or unplug your AirPort express device from an electrical outlet.
- You can use a paper clip for step 2. You have to straighten or bend the end of your paper clip.
- Search for the Audio Jag that can be found at the end of your AirPort express device. Make sure to hold and press this button down gently in order to reset it. In order for this to be easier for you, you can use the bent paper clip, pen, or pencil.
- Don’t let go of the power button while you insert the AirPort Express device on an electrical outlet.
- If you see the amber light flash, this is the right time to let go of the Power button.
How to Do a Soft Reset
- You have to connect your AirPort Express to an electrical outlet. Wait until it starts up.
- Using a pen or a pencil, simply press down on the reset button for at least a second then release it.
- You will see an amber light that will flash. This is an indicator that you have successfully soft reset your AirPort Express button.
- You should see the AirPort menu bar item on your device. This is not the new network name. Simply select the network and create the device.
- Go to your Applications, then click on Utilities. Go to the AirPort Utility menu.
- Go to the devices base station and select the Edit button.
- Just simply change the password to your preferred one and click the Update button. If the password is successfully saved, then go to the Continue button.
- Simply close your AirPort Express Utility section
How to do a Hard Reset
- Using a paper clip or the tip of a pencil, press the reset button. You can do this for about 5 seconds. Afterward, wait for the LED light to flash amber.
- Release the reset button and wait for your AirPort Express to reset.
- Wait until the base station restarts. This should take about a minute. Go to your AirPort Utility section by clicking Applications, then Utilities.
- Click the Edit button on the Other Wi-Fi devices section.
- Select the Other Options from the Menu
- Just click on Restore Previous settings and follow the prompts.
- Click Done after you are finished.