When it comes to Mac Operating systems, Safari will only be able to show you a particular website’s domain name if you use the regular view. If you are searching for the full URL, you won’t be able to see it unless you change some settings. For example, the URL of https://mactip.net/how-to-see-full-web-site-address-in-safari-url-bar/ you will only see the mactip.net on the address bar.
You may want to view the full URL for many reasons. It could be because you needed the link for reference purposes and a lot more. If you want to know how to view the URL, here are the tricks that you can do on your Safari browser’s settings.
Show the Full Address of a Website in Safari
1. Open and Click Safari on your Computer.
2. Go to the Safari menu in the upper left corner.
3. Select the Preferences tab.
4. Choose the Advanced Button in the rightmost part.
5. You will see the very first option that shows the “Smart Search Field”. Simply click the checkbox that indicated “Show Full Website Address”.
6. Close the Preferences Window of your Browser.
Now, you can see the full address on the address bar.
If you want to go back to the previous setting, simply follow the steps again and uncheck the box that indicated “Show Full Website Address.” This will enable you to view the domain name again on your browser.
Other Advantages of Seeing the Full URL
When you see the full URL, you can see if the website is safe. You will be able to determine your safety by looking for the “https” at the start of a website’s address. Although MAC will warn you if you are visiting a dangerous site, you should also be vigilant enough when you are visiting an unknown website.