Chances are that you never think of your wi-fi password after your set it up. So how can you recover a saved password from your Mac when you forget it? All you need is your administrator account password.
- Open Keychain Access app. It is located in the Applications > Utilities folder.
- Select the System keychain in the left menu bar, and select Passwords from the category menu. This will filter the keychains to just your stored passwords.
- Double click on the name of the network for which you want to view the password.
- This will open a new window specific to that stored password. Click on the ‘Show password’ checkbox.
- You will be asked to authenticate with a username and password. This account must have administrator privileges on your Mac.
If you are unsure what your username is, open up the Finder app and look for the home icon in the Favorites sidebar. Your home folder will called the same as your username.
- After successfully authenticating, the wi-fi network password will be revealed in the previous window.