There are a lot of powerbeats users that experience problems with their device. The powerbeats 3 won’t either turn on or won’t charge properly. They stated that when they tried to connect their device to the charger and the electrical source, a white and red blinking light just shows up.
Here are some of the things that you can do to fix your powerbeats device:
Powerbet won’t Turn On
If your powerbeats has a low battery or it shows battery empty, it won’t be able to turn on at all. You might have a problem with a dead battery. You might want to charge your powerbeats first and wait for it for a few minutes. If your device does not charge, then it will start to become an issue.
Powerbeats 3 Won’t Charge
There are instances where your powerbeats had come in contact with water. If the port or the connector become wet, then it can be a problem. Avoid contact with your device if you are sweating too much during a hot weather. You should not also access your device if you have gone swimming. You have to make sure that you did not accidentally drop your device down. Otherwise, you might experience several problems in the future.
Force Restart or Reset your Powerbeats 3
Most people find out that fore restarting their powerbeats 3 can solve a lot of problems. In order to do a force restart, you should do the following:
- Press the Volume Down and the Power Down button simultaneously. Press the buttons until you can see a flash on the indicator light.
- Try to set up your powerbeats 3 device
- Get a charger and connect your powerbeats 3
If this doesn’t work, you can do the other way around. You can try to connect your powerbeats 3 to a charger and force restart it.
Use the Remote Button to Restart your Powerbeats
A user posted on an online forum saying that this step works for him. In order to do this, follow these steps.
- Gently press the Center Remote Button (sometimes called the Mute Button) as well as the Power Button simultaneously in order to turn on your powerbeats.
- Try to connect the charger to your device. See if your powerbeats 3 is charging.
Make sure to Update the Earphones of your powerbeats 3
- Go to your Mac computer. Download the application for the beats updater.
- Click on the application after the installation is finished.
- Turn on your device
- Get your micro USB cable and connect your Mac to your earphones.
- Go to the menu bar of the beats updater and tap on the status icon.
- Click on the powerbeats name and access the website through it.
- Simply click the update button and follow the necessary instructions.
In order to make sure that your update is continuous, you should have at least a battery percentage of 20%.
Get another charger
- The powerbeats won’t simply charge if there’s something wrong with the charger.
- You should make sure that you are using the power cord that is exclusively designed for the powerbeats 3.
- If you have another charger available, make sure that you try to use it.
Check for sweat and water damages
- If the power cord is wet with water or sweat, there is a chance that it won’t work on your device.
- Make sure to keep your device and its accessories on a dry place and wait for some time.
- Try charging your powerbeats by connecting it to an electrical source. Power on your device.
- If it is still not working, you should try charging your powerbeats 3 earphones for at least a day before trying again.
Try to Remove your device’s battery
This solution was said to work on one of the users of powerbeats 3.
- Simply remove the device’s battery
- Don’t try to turn on your powerbeats for at least 1-2 weeks.
- Insert back the battery.
- Connect the powerbeats to a charger
- Try charging your device.
Fix the Loose Wire
Your charger port is connected to powebeats with a rubber. Pinch the base of this rubber connection and then stroke it from the charger port to the power button. Many users say that this technique works for them whenever the powebeats are not charging or powering on.
Leave the Device Alone For several Days
Some powerbeats users say that by leaving the powerbeats alone for a few days, the device gets enough time to rest.
- To do this, make sure that your device has stayed long enough to drain the battery completely.
- Connect the device to a power source and check if it is charging.
Forget the Device on Your iPhone
An issue with your iPhone might be the reason why your powerbeats are experiencing complications. You need to forget the device on your iPhone by following the following steps.
- Navigate to the settings option on your iPhone and click on the option labeled Bluetooth.
- Check if your powerbeats and iPhone are paired.
- If they had already been paired, there exists an info symbol next to your paired device name. Click on the symbol.
- Select the option labeled forget this device.
- Select the option labeled confirm.
- Connect the powebeats to a power source and check if it is charging.
Replace the Battery
The most probable cause of your powebeats not turning on is a completely dead battery. If the battery has an issue, the probability of powebeats not charging is very minimal. Dead battery dries up and fails to charge. Therefore, it is advisable to change your powerbeats battery since it solves any battery-related problems.
You can also try to use other powerbeats if the solutions above do not work for you. Maybe the earphone itself is faulty. Try to see if your earphones is covered by warranty. If your device won’t still charge, you can contact a technical support representative from Apple.